Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I *think* I have an idea of what labor is like??

So maybe this is a bit farfetched--something I will never truly know but humor me here. I have physical therapy 3 times a week for 1/2 hour to help strengthen my knee postop. Now, I've been making good progress (therapist says I am ahead of the game **pats self on back**) and I was SO proud of myself for getting a mile in on the bike before my 5 minutes were up (and I burned 30+ calories I'll have you know). Each therapy session, I either get a new exercise and/or more reps with my old exercises. I was feeling pretty good about my progress today having done 30 reps on multiple exercises and even survived the squats without too much agony. To end the sessions, the therapist stretches me. Now, stretching sounds nice and relaxed, right? HOLY COW!! So he was "helping" my knee bend as close to my bum as possible and I thought I was gonna pass out right there. As I groaned in pain, I was SURE he was gonna let up but you know what he told me (the nerve!) "Breathe deeply and count to ten." Ha! As soon as he released my leg (for a couple of seconds only)I commented how I had three c-sections but think I knew how labor must be. He chuckled and said I was going to learn the skill yet! LOL! I have been very sore all day and I only had three 10 second segments of pure torture. To you mothers who have truly labored to have your babies....I have new respect for breathing and counting to ten! One...two...three...four...five...six...seven...eight...nine...TEN!
This pic is a couple of weeks old (and looks much better now!) but just a little visual for those that want to see the "baby" I labored for. ;)


Photobucket

1 comment:

debbie said...

Speaking of Aubrey's shark teeth from your last post, the picture kind of reminds me of a little shark attack on your leg. I hope it's feeling better now.