Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Circus, Circus

Photobucket
Today the Circus came to town--literally--no puns about my kids here, I PROMISE! =) I remember going to a circus when I was little and wanted my kiddos to experience the same thing. Sage stayed home with Olivia and Kyle, Aubrey and I went to the Big Top. It was considerably warm inside but we remedied that with snow cones and cotton candy. We saw elephants and miniature ponies and poodles perform. Also saw the tightrope walkers and the trapeze artists (one of my favorite performances). There was an entourage of clowns which luckily never came too close to my kids because I can imagine Aubrey wouldn't have been too fond! There was a young contortionist and he was AMAZING! He folded himself inside a little box. I couldn't help but be a little sad for all the young children and kids that were part of the circus. One clown that came out couldn't have been more than 2. Kinda sad to have to be PART of a circus and not just be a spectator. I don't know. Maybe we are all missing out and haven't discovered that life really is more fun in a circus! I, however, prefer my own version of a circus....a three ring one at that...Kyle, Aubrey and Olivia! ;)

2 comments:

debbie said...

I haven't been to a circus forever! It's definitely something that every child should experience--but I'm with you--I think I'd rather watch the circus than be in the circus.

Derek said...

Remember when we went to the circus with Dennis and Katie's kids? That was fun...

I'm glad you got to go!