Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Introducing......

Porter James--5 lbs 3 oz 18 1/4 inches

Photobucket

Brianna Lynn--4 lbs 10 oz 18 inches

Photobucket

My friend Meagan delivered these beautiful twins on Saturday, August 2nd, via c-section at 34 weeks.

Let me tell you a little about Meagan. I have actually never met her (**gasps**) in real life (IRL) but we have been friends for 16 months. We met on the January 2007 birth board on babycenter.com. Olivia was due in January 2007 and when I was pregnant with her, I happened upon this board and have become friends with quite a few people. The one I seemed to hit it off the most with was Meagan. We have texted and emailed for months and spoken once. She has a son Maddox who is just a couple of weeks younger than Olivia. To her and her husband's complete surprise, they found out they were pregnant again early this year. Imagine their surprise when they found out they were having twins! And a little later she found out there were actually triplets but one of the babies didn't make it.

Well, after a routine prenatal visit this past Thursday, it was discovered that she was very much in labor and although they attempted to stop labor, the babies had other plans. Both are doing well. Porter is having a bit more of a struggle but Meagan told me today (the first time she got to hold him) that they let her put the twins together and he is doing much better. How sweet is that? And how precious is this picture?!

Photobucket

Congratulations to Meagan, Gregg, Makhayla, and Maddox!

1 comment:

debbie said...

I love that the twins get to be together now. Sheesh! Can you imagine having twins after Olivia came? Meagan's definitely got her hands full, but I'm glad everyone's doing well.