Wednesday, August 27, 2008

You can never know the good, if you never know the bad....

I am sure only a handful of you might recognize these words as lyrics from a well-beloved "musical" but it really has become a theme song in my life and I find myself singing it more and more lately(especially in the shower--in my head). I know there would be many things I would not appreciate or even know about, if I didn't experience the exact opposite.

Some of the most intense "feelings" have been going on lately and some very hard things to deal with. Some days have been like thick concrete that is setting and I just can't seem to get to the side and get out of it. Other days are just plain chaotic and days that make good stories for motherhood.

And today brought on such sweet, overwhelming emotions as to how much we are loved and watched over and how because of the hard times, we appreciate the well-termed "tender mercies." Sage and I have been trying to figure out exactly what to do about our living situation. Our house has NOT sold nor will it most likely for awhile still and we don't have money to get our own place until it does sell. Unless, we rent it out. I have been looking for the past 18 months faithfully in the paper every week (yes, we only have a weekly paper in our small town) for rentals hoping that just maybe we could inhabit one of them. There have been some nice ones that we've just had to let go on by because there has just been no way we can do it.

Yesterday, I noticed a rental advertised and recognized the number as a good friend of mine. I called her about it and she told me the details. It is a very nice, big house that was remodeled in the past few years and has a huge yard and is out of town, etc. I was excited about it and knew that it was at the top of our range for renting (if we rented ours out). Today she called me and said that when she told her husband we were interested, he wants to rent it to us for $100 LESS than what they normally would. AND we talked to the realtor today and it sounds like there may be a couple of interested renters for our house. The other good thing is that this rental will not be available until October 1st so that gives us time to get ours rented out. Of course, nothing has happened yet but it has just given me some hope that through all this really, really hard stuff.....the best is yet to come!

2 comments:

Derek said...

Hot cold...day night...wrong right! I hope everything goes well. I still need to look up the capital gains information. Sorry I've been slow on that. And thanks for the song reference!

debbie said...

Heavy...light...peace...fight...
day...night...wrong....Right! I have been missing my CD case for a few months now while half-heartedly looking for it every now and then. I decided to be more prayerful about it, because there are some really great CDs that I'd like to listen too. Well, last week I was blessed to find it! It was on the bottom shelf of our bookshelf in the office. "My Turn on Earth" was the first CD I pulled out and listened too. It may be a cheesy musical, but the songs really our wonderful and well thought out.

OK, enough about that. Yay! I hope things work out for this house. Your housing/renting situation is always in my prayers.