Monday, October 6, 2008

I Crack Myself Up (Literally)

** Sing with me now....."Cuz I'm FREEEEE! Free falling!"**

So this post is a bit embarrassing for me because it shows how NOT graceful I can be but nevertheless, it is yet another humorous part of my life.

So a week ago, I was going downstairs to go to bed. As a last thought, I grabbed the camera that was a couple of feet above me on the banister. I guess that caused me to lose my balance because the camera went crashing down the stairs and so did I. And it wasn't a nice *clean* fall. I twisted this way and that, crashed into the wall, and miraculously stopped before I dove head first down the rest of the staircase.

My mom called from her bedroom, "Kimberly is that you?" **pause, pause** "Yes." "Did you fall down the stairs?" **pause, pause** "Are you okay?" **pause, pause** "Yes." After which I promptly went to my room and bawled in pain. Those pauses were trying to catch my composure so as to not bawl like a baby. I just saved that for the privacy of my room. So, as you might imagine, I was pretty sore the next day and even more sore the day after that. There was a spot on my foot that hurt worse than any part so on Thursday, I put a call into my orthopaedic surgeon's office. They sent me for xrays the the soonest I could get in was Monday (today). So apparently I have a small fracture on the outside of my left foot. Because nothing was displaced, not casting was required. Instead, I have this metal insert that will go with me (in my shoes) for the next 4-6 weeks. This also means I can't do physical therapy on my knee--which took a pretty good beating from the fall as well--and it didn't ANY help hurting.

So, yes....TOTAL clutz at that moment and one I am glad to not have on video tape. Just adds to my resume of doctors' office visits. If only those could qualify me for a high paying position. At least it's high entertainment!

5 comments:

debbie said...

OWWWW! It's funny how those "little falls" can really bruise you up. Um, not that I know from real, actual experience or anything because that would mean (gasp!) I'm a klutz too! (Wink! Wink!) Your experience reminds me of me falling on the ice at Ricks and having to wear Big Shoe because of a cracked bone. I hope you're not in much pain.

Kimberly said...

I was reminding of Big Shoe as well. We shoulda been dancers!

Kimberly said...

That should say *reminded* not reminding....guess I can't speak either!

Derek said...

Hey, I've got some nasty pictures of my ankle from playing basketball.

Kimberly said...

Those of your ankle are truly the grossest sprain pics I've EVER seen! Way nasty! Poor poor Derek!