Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Bittersweet

And I'm not talking about chocolate (surprise considering how much I've eaten lately....anywhooooo).

Today we closed on the sale of our house. It is surreal. And actually was quite bittersweet which TOTALLY threw me for a loop (since I am loopy anyway, I felt right at home ;-)!) I was not expecting to feel the mixture of emotions I did today while driving the 3+ hours to sign the papers. Here are just a few fond (and some not so fond yet funny now) experiences that I recall as I reminisce our time spent here:

**First real world move we made after Sage graduated

**First real world job

**A nice rental that we were SO lucky to find

**A rainy day when our car wouldn't start when we were supposed to leave town and I was BAWLING and upset when Sage came home so we went out to eat at a restaurant that came highly recommended. So we show up "as is" and I mean me in my sweats, and should've taken one look at the menu or anyone inside and walked right out. Apparently it is one of those *nice* restaurants that you dress up to go too. Oh, well. We ate there anyway with toddler in tow.

**Sheriff at our back door knocking after an awful night with sick kids and I had FINALLY gotten down for a nap

**SWAT team in our home, night spent at Branch President's home with screaming baby who we almost took to ER.

**suicidal neighbor (hence SWAT team)

**driving back and forth and back and forth AND back and forth

**Bought our first house

**SURPRISE positive pregnancy test!

**LONG work hours for Sage.....four on, four off, 12 hour shifts but Sage gone for over 15 hours

**Pilot and Houdini our kitties who disappeared after touching our lives for a short time

**Babe and Dotty the neighbors dogs (aka our lawn fertilizers)

**trips back and forth, back and forth, back AND forth

**Surprise visit from a friend after I had Aubrey with a pair of matching nice snuggly socks for Aubrey and I

**cooked meals brought to us

**Hanging out at our friends' houses

**wild turkey kabobs

**elk stew

**church in a triple wide

**brand new church

**relief society presidency

**driving back and forth, back and forth, back and forth

**baby shower thrown for me (and Aubrey) when it was -18 degrees outside and there was still a good turn out

**many nights rocking my babies

**the sound of the train at night

**fireworks from the neighbors all night long

**smell of new house I LOVED until I was sick with morning sickness

**trips back and forth, back and forth, back and forth

**taking Kyle to the Frosty Freeze for ice cream

**malts at the Prospector

**meals at The Country Skillet

**drives in the mountains

**fires that shut down the mine a few days

**watching the fires

**driving back and forth, back and forth, back and forth

**visits from family members

**bought our first car AND first truck together

**selling our house

**driving back and forth, back and forth, back and forth

**many more but I think that will do for today =)

4 comments:

debbie said...

Aahhh! As I was reading through your list, I could see how bittersweet it is. You had some really great times there with some great memories. But, I'm so glad you don't have the "must sell house" stress. Congratulations on selling it!

Derek said...

Sounds like a mix of feelings that you wouldn't expect from a house that you've hoped to sell for a long time. Kind of reminds you of the end of "Growing Pains" where the show ends with the house empty (at least I think that's how it ends).

Janell said...

wow - I've been out of it, while it does sound so bittersweet, I am so happy for your family!!!! Congrats on the sale - those are great memories, too!!

mel @ the larson lingo said...

Congrats Kimbo!!!! I am so excited about your house selling! Yay!