Monday, September 15, 2008

The Words I Never Thought I'd Hear

"Hi Sage and Kimberly. This is Mary. I showed the house today and have an offer. Give me a call!"

I couldn't dial fast enough.

There is an older gentleman who had made an offer on a smaller house in the town our house is. It was close to the nursing home where his wife was being cared for. He wanted to live close to her and planned that after she was discharged, they would get a bigger home. She ended up passing away. So he was ready for a bigger house sooner than he expected. So through total miracles....he decided to put an offer on ours. The good things in this whole situation (can't think of too much bad actually):

1)financing should not be a problem for him since he will pay mostly with cash

2)he made a very decent offer and although we will still owe money at closing (about $2-3000) we are okay with that

3)he wants to close on Oct. 8th

4)the rental we want is supposed to be ready Oct. 1

5)I am on top of the world today!

6)this is an amazing day especially after waiting (and sometimes not too patiently) for 18 months for our house to sell

7)the path to this point has been guided even though I have often been blind!

Of course nothing is final yet but this is the best news we have gotten in a LONG time!

4 comments:

Shari said...

That's so exciting!

I can sort of understand what you're going through -- Matt and I haven't had to personally experience selling our home, BUT when my family moved from Great Falls to Bozeman, the market in Great Falls was awful and our house sat on the market for TWO. YEARS. I still remember how stressful that was for my family and how over the moon my parents were when the house sold!

debbie said...

YYYYYAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! Oh, I hope it all goes through. This is very good news indeed! I'll keep praying that everything will all work out. YAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Katie and Dennis said...

That is just SO awesome, Kimberly!!! We will be praying for it to all go through as planned. Congratulations!!!!!

Derek said...

Wahooo! You managed to get an offer on your house in the same week that the stock market dropped nearly 500 points in one day (Wednesday)!