Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Personal Spring Cleaning

I have been a little blogging MIA lately. The reason being, I have been doing a personal overhaul on various areas of my life and therefore, less computer time!

Things have been a little stressful as of late and therefore, I decided I needed to take control of the parts of my life I CAN control--my actions, my feelings, my body (to a certain degree ;)), what I do with my "free" time, how I treat others around me, especially my dear husband!

Last week I started reading, "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands" by Dr. Laura Schlessinger. VERY good read for those wondering how to best love your husband and get the love you also deserve and long for. I have a LOT of work to do but have been implementing some of the suggestions and they REALLY work!! I have often taken for granted how hard Sage works and that it is truly him working so hard that makes it possible for me to stay home with our children! He sacrifices SO much for our family and for me in particular! Why has it taken me FIVE years to figure this out? Well, I really thought I had it figured out but have lately realized that I can do so much more! What more can a girl ask for than a man who puts her first above all (just realizing in how many ways!), loves his family, plays with his kids, works SUPER hard with SUPER hard hours, and still has energy at the end of the day to hug and kiss me!

I also started Weight Watchers again this week. I did WW last year with wonderful results--nearly 30 lbs GONE! Once I started having health problems, it was easy to use that as an excuse to not exercise and therefore, not eat as healthy. The weight has crept back on the past year and finally, I have HAD it! I do not like to sleep next to my floppy tummy! Much rather have it tucked firmly ON me! So far three days into it, I have lost 3 lbs! I have about oh, 50 to go to look really good but know that even if I can get the 30 off that I did last year, I will be doing well--AND I have made it a whole whopping 17 months NOT pregnant! This is the year to look HOT! =)

1 comment:

debbie said...

You go girl! I'm proud of you for "taking control." The snack suggestions on Janell's blog looked yummy! I need to read "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands" again--it's been 3 years, and I know I need to do better. You truly are blessed to have a great husband and such a cute family. I'm excited to see everyone this weekend!