Thursday, May 8, 2008

Little Boys = Mini Men

Photobucket

After dinner tonight, Kyle wanted to go out and play. He asked if I would come out but I told him it depended on how long it took to do the dishes. Then he asked Sage if he would go out and play. When Sage said "in a little bit" Kyle asked, "Are you going to help mom with the dishes?" My ears perked up, my heart quickened, my pulse increased....can it be? Is daddy REALLY going to help mommy with the dishes? But Kyle answered his own question by saying...and I quote..."Mommy knows how to do the dishes. She doesn't need any help."

The door closed and off Kyle went. I commented to Sage, "Now, those are words to live by." To which Sage responded, "Yah!" but I am sure he was thinking "OH YEAH!"
Here's the rest of the convo:

Me: He's already learning."

Sage: He's just figuring it out. In order to be learning, he would have to be taught."

(anyone see where this is going?)

Me: EXACTLY!!!! He's learning by example! (cha ching!)

And yes, Sage DID stay in and help me with the clean up. Ahhhh....in the mouth of babes!

3 comments:

Janell said...

My Mother's Day present this year - a clean kitchen, including all dishes washed (not by me) -- this is happiness!!!

debbie said...

Way to go Kyle! =)

Kimberly said...

I think anytime the dishes are done NOT by me...it is the BEST day ever!