Saturday, July 19, 2008

Pot-tay Par-tay

Photobucket

It is official. I am possessed! Something inside me REALLY thought I was ready for rounds #2 and #3 of potty-training. Round #1 proved SO easy. Both girls have shown readiness signs and so I thought I had better bite the bullet (or my tongue) and just do it. Here is how it has gone so far.....the other day, Olivia was showing signs of messing her pants, so my mom hurried her off to the bathroom and onto the training potty. After a whole 2 seconds, she was ready to get off so back on went her diaper. Not 5 minutes later, she comes and stands in the laundry room by me and proceeds to mess her pants. So I decided to just throw her in the tub and while I was preparing her bath, she proceeded to pee on the floor. LOVELY! Yesterday I decided to just try Aubrey...okay, training panties on, constantly asking if she needs to go potty, an accident, no big deal, on with more panties, naptime, diaper on under panties (she was NOT going for the diaper deal), wake up from nap, take off diaper, go outside, Olivia wants panties, put panties on Olivia, bring potty outside, nothing happening, Olivia pees on deck, diaper on Olivia, going out to eat, diaper under panties for Aubrey, get home, get baths, diapers on both girls with panties over Aubrey's per her request.

Officially day 2 (today): both girls started out in panties, repeated asking if they need to go potty, Olivia sits on the potty a couple of times for a bit, nothing, Olivia BRINGS me a diaper to put on her, figure I am done with her for the day. Aubrey comes to me distraught because "I wet!", try to persuade her to don a Pull-up, not having that ("unnerwear" she says), put on other panties, kindly remind that if she needs to go, to sit on the potty, about 15 minutes later (as I was stepping out of the shower), more commotion and tears and Aubrey is saying "I WET". Oh, wait. That should read SCREAMING "I WET!" not just saying. This time Aubrey asks for the pull-up (which she called swimsuit since it does look like her swim diapers). I am HAPPY to oblige and call is quits for today! I know, I know. It is only day two but aren't girls supposed to be easier? Before long, I just might end up in that mental institute with Pull-ups of my own! And in Dora for my size!

4 comments:

debbie said...

LOL!!!!!!! I love the last part about you in tbe institute with Dora pull-ups! Yeah, it sounds like your in for some fun times! At least your attacking the two at once. Maybe they can motivate each other!

Janell said...

I feel the pain of potty training!! it is so overwhelming!! So don't want to see you in Dora's of your own, please avoid this!! =)

Kimberly said...

Or maybe they could make American Idol ones for me! =p

Shari said...

We could commiserate on this for years! Suzannah understands the concept, too -- she'll ANNOUNCE it when she's wet, or has to poop, and she will announce it when she's done, and sometimes she will happily SIT on the potty, but YOU KNOW she goes FIVE MINUTES AFTER I GIVE UP AND PUT HER IN A DIAPER. At which point she politely requests a change.

*headdesk*