Tuesday, July 29, 2008

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.....

I guess this could sum up a lot of things but at the moment, I am referring to potty-training. TMI TMI TMI to follow! As of last week (yes, only like 2 days after starting) I was ready to just say...ah to poo with it all! Then one night, Kyle and Aubrey were bathing together and Kyle started yelling something at me. I was talking to my dad at the time and kept telling him "just a minute." When I finally inquired as to what he wanted, he yelled "Aubrey pooped in the tub!" This is perhaps one of the most DISGUSTING things to clean up IMO! So I pulled them both out and proceeded to hope my gag reflex was feeling underactive, and I went poop fishing. Then out of the corner of my eye, I see Aubrey sitting on the little potty. I asked her if she was going potty to which she replied in the affirmative (like she had been doing ever since we pulled the potty out). She stood up and to my utter shock and surprise SHE REALLY HAD GONE POTTY!!! I would've given that girl the world at that very moment. You would've thought I'd just been told our house had sold or something! And she did it all by herself which was even better. That started out what has proved to be a rather easy (KNOCK ON WOOD) potty-training experience.

The other night as I was FINALLY getting comfy in bed (around 11:30 pm or so) Aubrey started whimpering, so I went in and wrapped her back up and went back to bed. Soon the whimpering turned to crying and the crying turned to shear "I'm in pain!" screaming. I just out of bed and right as I was entering her room she screamed, "I HAVE TO GO POTTY!" By the time I got her jammies unzipped she had already gone but WOW, she even woke up knowing she had to go!! VERY VERY impressive!

Then the past few days have been getting better and better. She woke up basically dry this morning and went accident free until this evening! We were even at a friend's house and she told me when she had to go and didn't fuss a bit at a strange potty.

Of course, we still have to master the poo meister but we'll get there. At least tonight when she was in the tub she told me she had to poo before it hit the water! (but only a second before) *gag* (told you it was TMI but nevertheless, it is my life ;)!)

3 comments:

debbie said...

Yay for Aubs! That's so exciting! How's Olivia doing? Is she having "potty envy?" I don't envy you the fishing poop part! Yuck!

Janell said...

Gotta love TMI - glad you are making progress - it will be so very worth it in the end... no pun intended.

Kimberly said...

LOL--and the "end" is often in sight! ;)